Gagnon Lake, Duhamel, Québec
5 cottages for rent on an exceptional Domain
Terms & conditions
With your first payment, you accept:
1) our terms and conditions here and that includes
2) also our emails exchanges and our
3) telephone conversations.
- No tent or trailer on the ground (municipal by-law with a high fine).
- A barbecue is available with each cottage with gas provided.
- In high season, 7 nights’ minimum rental. Arrivals are at 4 pm. Departures are at 11 am.
- In low season, arrivals and departures are established according to every individual case, hoping to offer you an arrival as soon as possible and a departure as late as possible.
Security deposit and taxes
- A security deposit is mandatory from our Insurance Company. The security deposit will be refunded within 5 to 10 working days after your departure according to the terms and conditions.
- A tax of 3.5% (new tourism tax of Quebec) is also added to the rental price.
- No animals (no exceptions).
- It is illegal to wash in the lake, even with biodegradable products. – subject to fines and loss of your deposit.
- Each cottage has a maximum amount of people according to the size of each cottage as published on our site. If you receive guests to sleep, an additional charge of $ 25 per night / per person will be required, either deducted from your security deposit or paid via
Interac e-mail or Square with service charges. Limited day guests. Call us at (613) 799-4321 if you have guests.
- You are liable for any damage to the items or any other breach of tenancy, missing objects or excessive occupation, etc. Report any damage (breakages) immediately by calling (613) 799-4321 or if you have any questions about the number of guests you would like to have.
- First 50% on booking and second 50%, at least 30 days before your arrival.
We accept several payment methods but we recommend Interac email payments. Otherwise, service fees apply. See under Fees on your cottage page for details.
- Cancellation 45 days or more before arrival with conditions. An amount of 10% of the total rental amount will be retained for administration purposes and 90% of your payment will be refunded “only if we can rent your cottage to another person for the same dates“. Otherwise, no refund.
- Cancellation 90 days or more before arrival. An amount of 10% of the total rental amount will be retained for administration purposes and 90% of your payment will be refunded unconditionally.
Respect for all
- A curfew at 11 pm for respect of the neighbors. This means that you must reduce the volume of noise, both for music as for voices, screams and loud laughter. Likewise, if you are alone on the estate. The sounds are easily transported on a lake. This does not mean that you can not stay at the fire pit after 11 pm. On the contrary, you stay if you want … but shush ...
- We accept reservations for the following year at the current price. Our prices are subject to change without notice. Generally, our prices are adjusted on January 1st of each year.
- Parking is free. But be advised that you are responsible for any damage or theft, etc. For all your vehicles and equipment, boat, trailer, etc. This also applies to all your guests. Parking for cottage 4 is left and slightly in front of the white cottage – in the lane. Do not park on the Sand. Never drive a vehicle on the beach. It is against the law.
- By renting one or more of our Colibri chalets, you assume all responsibility for accidents or damage to you, your family members and your visitors. We are not responsible for any accidents or damages to persons or vehicles, either on our domain, in the buildings, on the beach and on Gagnon Lake or elsewhere.
- The use of our equipment is at your own risk. You are responsible for any loss of items, property or cash.
- You must bring your security vests with you and must have them with you always when you use any watercraft for you and your guests.
- An effort is made to ensure that our equipment is in good condition but we do not guarantee the equipment will accessible at all times and it is possible that some items are in repair and therefore not available during your stay.
- Other than our repayment terms relating to your security deposit, any other refund, requests for any reasons, must be made by a formal notice to the owners. These procedures are imposed by our Insurance Company. In case that the security deposit does not cover our losses, we shall use your credit card to cover such loses. In a case of complaints and request for any refund by us, we will forward your complaint or request to our Insurance Company as a formal notice. Your request is handled exclusively by them. Contact us for our mailing address.
- High season
From mid-June to mid-September and 7 days at Christmas and 7 days at New Year’s Day.
- Low season
At any other time.
Cottages 2, 3, 4 and 5 are 3 seasons chalets. Therefore, without running water from November 20th to May 10th. Specifically, 4 of our cottages are available without running water for 171 days per year. Cottage # 1, (Beach House) is available 12 months a year with running water.
- The amount of the security deposit depends on the number of guests according to the rented chalet. Please contact us at ChaletsColibri@gmail.com.
- In high season, we rent for a minimum of 7 nights, always from Saturday to Saturday.
- Payment 50% on booking and balance at least 30 days before arrival.
- See the FAQ tab for payment methods, cancellations, and refunds.
Payments and fees:
Email Interac – ChaletsGagnon@gmail.com
Security question: The name of the Lake
Answer: Gagnon (capital “G”, no punctuation)
– Credit cards – via SQUARE secured.
Visa, MasterCard, Amex + 3.9 % fee. Dial (613) 799-4321
– Checks (2 checks), 1st at the reservation; The last dated at least 30 days before your arrival payable to “Philippe Paquette“, for Canadian citizens.
Citizens from abroad, the whole amount must be made with one check for the full amount, dated 60 days of your booking date. Call us at 1 613 799-4321 to have the correct amount and to acquire our mailing address, please write to us at ChaletsGagnon@gmail.com
– PayPal: + 4% fee. Contact us for the PayPal email.
– Cash accepted. We live in Orléans, (Ottawa), On
– Security Deposit, refundable about 10 business days after your departure. The amount of the security deposit always depends on the number of tenants and guests according to the rented chalet and our terms and conditions. Find out by contacting us at ChaletsGagnon@gmail.com
- In order to ensure a pleasant holiday for all, we ask all our guests to act in a peaceful and pleasant way.
- Any transgression will result in a partial or total deduction on the amount of your security deposit or without a deposit, an invoice and if necessary a formal notice. Also, a second transgression could lead to your immediate departure without refund, especially if we have complaints from our other vacationers, neighbors or employees. In short, we count on your respect and your full cooperation.
- PROPANE CYLINDERS (BBQ) should be available always. If you are out of propane, please call Pierre. His number is indicated in your cottage. Please DO NOT EXCHANGE the cylinders with the other cottages – REQUEST A FILL-UP by our employees. Their number is indicated on the walls.
- INTERIOR FURNITURE remains inside and OUTDOOR FURNITURE remains outside to prevent mosquito invasion.
- Also, if you change the location of some furniture, place them back in its original position.
- You MUST avoid throwing in the toilets any WET WIPES, FACE CLOTHS AND ANY SANITARY PRODUCTS at all costs: such products will immediately block and break the pump that circulates water to all cottages. Our water system is integrated so one single clog will cut the water to all other cottages.
- Place your WASTES in the green or black bins at the parking entrance at the road and recycle material must be put in the blue bins. Animals such as raccoons are frequent visitors. Ensure that the lids are tightly closed. The village refuses to empty the recycling bins if the waste is also found in them. Avoid mixtures.
- You must have your BOTTLES AND CANS either returned to the convenience stores in the village or place them in the blue recycling bins.
- EXTERIOR DOORS should be kept closed always to prevent mosquitoes, field mice, ducks, or others from of small animals invading the cottage.
- CAMPFIRE is only permitted in the designated area on the beach. (Exception, cottage no. 3). You can bring your wood or order some. It will be delivered. See the instructions and price on the posters on our walls.
- Out of respect for our other customers, please observe the CURFEW at 11 pm. You can continue your activities including staying at the fire pit or continue swimming with caution, but it is essential that the noise level is minimal.
- SMOKING is NOT allowed inside the cottages and NO CIGARETTE BUTTS should be thrown anywhere other than in an ashtray. No butts on the ground or grass, please.
- FOOD PARTICLES attract mosquitoes. No crumbs of food should drag on the floor in the cottage. Vacuum or sweep as often as necessary.
- Do not feed the ducks, deer or any other animals at any time. It makes them sick.
- IT IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN TO BRING ANY DOMESTIC ANIMALS ON OUR DOMAIN, FOR YOU AND YOUR GUESTS. This is as much for the good of your pet as for the protection of several breeds of ducks, deer and small animals visiting our beach. There may also be a hedgehog that hides in the nearby forest. This is very bad for dogs. A veterinary service in Buckingham costs between $ 600 to $ 1,000 to extract the needles.
- All dishes must be washed and stored, the dishwasher emptied, windows clean and closed, and doors locked WHEN YOU LEAVE.
- The cottage key must always remain on the premises. Never leave with the key, even for a few hours. At departure, ensure that the key is placed back in the key box. Remember your code. No one else has your code. Never leave with the key.
- At your departure, the cottage must be left CLEAN. If we have to do our own household cleaning for you, a $ 25 / hour rate will be deducted from your security deposit. CLEANING Person us may be available at your expense. Call Pierre. His number is indicated in your cottage. (These services are not always available).
- Please note that the owners or their employees reserve the right to come on the premises at any time to ensure compliance with these rules.
- Security deposit is based on many elements. Ask us for that amount.In high season, we rent for a minimum of 7 nights, always from Saturday to Saturday.Payment of 50% on booking (**) and balance 30 days before arrival.See the FAQs tab for payment methods, cancellations, and refunds.(**) With your first deposit, you agree to the terms and conditions and information in our emails and on this page.
- Our rates do not include the cost of cleaning at $ 30 / hr. A list to do will be in your cottage. What will not be done will generate this cost deducted from your security deposit.
Payments and fees:
(*) – Beginning in 2017, we must add the new Québec tax of 3.5%, taxes for the Tourist Housing industry in Quebec.
– Email Interac transfer, at ChaletsGagnon@gmail.com
Security question: The name of the lake.
Answer: Gagnon (Using a capital “G” please.)
– Visa, MasterCard, Amex credit cards + 3.9% fees. Call us at (613) 799-4321
– Checks (2 checks), 1st at the reservation; the last cheque dated 30 days before your arrival on payable to “Philippe Paquette“, for Canadian citizens. Citizens from abroad, all must be on one cheque dated 60 days of your booking date. Please call 1 613 799-4321 for our mailing address at ChaletsGagnon@Gmail.com.
– PayPal: + 4% service fees. Contact us for email.
– Cash accepted. We live in Orléans, (Ottawa), On
– Security Deposit, refundable approximately 10 days after your departure according to our Terms and Conditions. The amount of the security deposit always depends on the number of tenants and the rented chalet. Call us for this information.
Please read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS on this site and here are some that are part of our TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- To ensure a pleasant holiday for all, we ask all our clients to act in a peaceful and pleasant way.
- Any transgression will result in a partial or total deduction on the amount of your security deposit or without a deposit, an invoice and if necessary a formal legal notice. Also, a second transgression could lead to your immediate expulsion. Especially if we receive complaints from our other vacationers or our employees. In short, we count on your respect and your full cooperation.
- PROPANE Gas for the BBQ should be available always. If you run out of propane, please call Pierre. His number is indicated in your cottage. Please DO NOT EXCHANGE cylinders from other cottages – Our employees will ensure that you always have propane. Simply call them.
- INTERIOR FURNITURE remains inside and OUTSIDE FURNITURE remains outside to prevent mosquito invasion. Also, if you move some furniture, place them back in their original location upon departure.
- You MUST avoid throwing in our toilets any WET WARES, AND SANITARY PRODUCTS at all costs: such products block our system and immediately breaks the pump that circulates the toilette water in the cottages.
- Place your WASTES in the green or black bin, at the end of the entrance and recycling waste in the blue bins. Animals such as raccoons are frequent visitors. Close the lids. The village refuses to empty the recycling bins if garbage is also found in them. Avoid mixing.
- All BOTTLES AND CANS must either be brought to the village at the convenience stores or place them in the blue recycling bins.
- INTERIOR DOORS must remain closed always to prevent mosquitoes, field mice, ducks, etc. from invading your cottage.
- FIRES are only permitted in designated areas. You can bring your wood or order it. See the instructions on the posters on our walls.
- Out of respect for other clients, please observe the 23 h CURFEW. You can continue your activities including outdoor fires and swim in summer, but it is essential that the noise level is minimal.
- There is NO SMOKING inside the Beach house and NO butch should ever be thrown on the ground or in the Lake.
- FOOD PARTICLES attract mosquitoes. No crumbs of food should drag on the floor in the house. Vacuum or sweep as often as necessary.
- Do not feed the ducks or deer at any time.
- IT IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN TO BRING ANY DOMESTIC ANIMAL ON OUR DOMAIN, FOR YOU AND YOUR GUESTS. This is as much for the good of your pet as for the protection of the many different species of ducks, deer and small animals that kindly visit our beach. There may also be a hedgehog that hides in the nearby forest. This is very bad for dogs. A veterinary service in Buckingham costs between $600 to $1,000 to extract the needles
- Please note that the owners or their employees reserve the right to come to the site always to ensure compliance with these rules.
- At our cottages, you always have help if needed. We offer you a service of excellence at all times. See the help contacts on the posters in your cottage.
- Our prices do not include the price for cleaning your cottage according to our website www.OurSandyBeach.com
Thank you for trusting us and spend a wonderful holiday.
Thanks for trusting us
and have a wonderful holiday.
A canoe trip from our beach (translation to come)
Imagine yourself here!